Sunday, January 1, 2017

How to Make SMART Goals

So I have a new book. Right now my sister is borrowing it, but before I got it to her- I took a couple of photos of the SMART Goal section, because I knew I was going to want to use them here on my blog. I knew it was valuable information that would help you all with setting up SMART goals for yourself.
 
The Book is called Goodbye Diabetes by Dr. Wes Youngberg.
If you are interested in more information on this book - you can google it - you can even look on YouTube for some programs that will give you a good amount of what the book shares.
Image result for goodbye diabetes
 So this - the first day of January is a good day to make some new goals. When making goals it is a good idea to make SMART goals.
 
Here is a guide for making SMART goals:
Specific
Measureable
Attainable
Realistic
Time-Bound
 
 
I have taken several photos so that you can look at some ideas that are given in the book of goals to make. And then how to be more specific about your goals.
 


I thought I would share a couple of my goals for the new year.
1. I want to spend more time in the Word of God. I want to find more jewels. I have many verses that are gems and are such a blessing to my heart. But there are still more wonderful promises and such that I have yet to discover.
2. I want to continue on with my goal to lose the rest of the 50 pound goal I make in July - I have 23 more pounds to go to reach that goal. Once there - I will reevaluate and see if I would like to stay there or lose more.
3. I want to work towards better fitness. I would like to be able to walk 3 miles easily by the end of this year. This will take consistency in my exercise program. I also want to make sure that I spend some time with my hand weights as well. My goal is to spend time at least once a week - 2 -3 times would be ideal - but I want to be realistic - and make my goal once a week. If I do more - it's just a bonus.
4. I want to continue eating healthfully. By doing this I hope to not only lose weight, but I also want to lower my cholesterol level, my LDL and my triglycerides and I want to raise my HDL.
 
I might end up making more goals- but these are the one I know that I am working towards at this moment.


This next page - shows how to plan some specific ways in order to reach your goals. I have added some of that in my goals above.

Another important thing is to keep our thinking positive. Those negative thoughts don't help at all. When they creep into your mind - be sure and replace it with something positive. Here are some examples given in the book:
  • My health is important to me and to the people I care about.
  • I want to be healthy because....
  • Taking care of my health is an investment in my future.
  • I can make simple choices to improve my health.
  • It's not too late, I can start today.
  • Improving my health is worth the effort.
  • I can overcome my risk factors.
  • Little choices add up to big improvements.
  • If I mess up, I can start over.

(a little meme that came from a game one Facebook- I put my name in and it generated this quote for me)
 
Have you made some goals for this new year? If so, share with me - I would love to hear them! :O)

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading this book! It is excellent! And now I am started on his "Hello Healthy" book!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision