Saturday, July 11, 2015

We Got 6 Today

This week end ended up being the week end that SweetPea's Momma wanted with her- when SweetPea heard that she was going to have to leave for the week end she was very sad and said that she really missed her Daddy when she was gone. It broke our hearts to see her upset and there not being anything that we could do. Divorce is so hard on kids - wish she did not have to deal with it.

So this week end has been quite around here. Resting and relaxing has been what we have been doing. I am preparing myself for the next 3 weeks that I will be taking care of her.

This last week was rough - it seems like we noticed that Dewie was not doing well on Monday and by Wednesday afternoon it was apparent that he was not going to make it much longer. It has been hard to get used to him being gone. That has made this week end kind of sad as well. As I cleaned the house yesterday in preparation for Sabbath - I noticed the treats in the trashcan that Dewie did not eat - one of the first signs that I noticed that made me realize that he was not doing well. And it also seems like as I walk into a room - many times I will check out the area that he really liked in that room - looking for him - still can't believe he is gone.

Some cool news - is that our chickens are starting to lay - we are up to getting 1 egg from each of our white chickens every day! That means at least 5 eggs a day. And then yesterday we got our first green egg! And then today we got another one. I am so thrilled that some of the chickens have begun to lay already. When we got the chickens I figured up when they would probably start laying and it ended up being like end of July or even August. And I was afraid that we would not getting eggs until at least August. And so I am thrilled that we are already getting eggs. SweetPea loves going to check for eggs.

The eggs start off small and will get bigger as time passes. There was actually another egg today but my husband used it for his supper.
 
Well my book that I was going through for my Sabbath Posts is done so I will have to figure out something new to do for my Sabbath Posts. If any of you have any ideas - I would love to hear them.
 
Hope you all are doing well. Have a great week end. :O)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision