Sunday, July 19, 2015

Understanding God's Love

As I studied through Ephesians 3:14-21, I broke down each phrase that directed me to other verses in the Bible to better understand the meaning. Well there is one particular phrase that I'd like to look at today. And this is it:

"above all that we ask or think"
 
My reference Bible directed me to 1 Corinthians 2:9
 
"But as it is written, Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man,
 the things which God has prepared for them that love him."
 
and then Romans 5:5
 
"And hope makes not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad
 in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who is given unto us"

In my Andrew's Study Bible I found a note that went along with 1 Corinthians 2:9 that I really appreciated and helped me in my understanding God's love towards us.

"Only those who love God can see the cross for what it is; God's most powerful expression of love towards humans. Love is a work of the Spirit in our hearts."


It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones.--The Desire of Ages, p. 83 (1898).
 
Just a few of my findings as I studied Ephesians 3. :O)
 

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking