Thursday, July 23, 2015

Blessed Hope

Last night after our granddaughter went home I was in the mood to watch a movie. What I watched ended up being a real tear jerker. Normally I do not choose tear jerkers to watch- but this movie's tag line enticed me.

"The Fault in our Stars" was the movie that I watched. And it was about 2 young cancer patients that travel to Amsterdam in order to talk to an author of a book that really spoke to them during their cancer journey. The movie seemed to promise some insight into living with cancer or so I thought. Although I had a little insight into some different aspects of the caner journey- I learned far more from what was missing from the movie.

When I watch movies I really like to write down and save profound quotes when I hear them. Sadly not all movies have this one did:
 
"Pain demands to be felt."
 
Physical pain is not the only kind of pain felt- there is emotional pain as well. As I went through my cancer "adventure" I experienced both of these kinds of pain and certainly in a degree of pain that demands to be felt. Both of these kinds of pain led me to reach out to God in a deeper way than I had every experienced before. Pain has a way of doing that. I was drawn into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. And all along the way He provided the strength and the courage that I needed. This is what was missing from the movie- a relationship with Jesus Christ and showing how when we allow Him to supply our needs - He will get us through. It is still a difficult journey but with Jesus in it there is Hope. And hope for a future. Maybe not a long one here on earth but one for eternity when we accept Jesus as our LORD and Savior- that is Hope - Blessed Hope!
 
"For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the LORD,
 thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)