Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Unshakable Christian

47“Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: 48he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. 49“But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.”
Luke 6:47-49

This passage is another look at Scripture that I shared on Sunday post, but from Luke's standpoint. It is a very important passage because it tells us that important steps to becoming an unshakable Christian.
First we are called to "come to Him." And when we come - he will not cast us out.


All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and he that comes to me I will in no wise cast out.
John 6:37
 
Next we are called to hear God's Word .
Many times in the Bible it says:
 
"If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."
Mark 4:9  Matthew 11:15 Mark 4:23 Revelations 2:7,11 are just a few examples
 
The place that I first noticed this phrase was in Revelations in the messages to the 7 churches.
 
1. The Loveless Church...Rev. 2:7
2. The Persecuted Church...Rev. 2:11
3. The Compromising Church...Rev.  2:17
4. The Corrupt Church...Rev. 2:29
5. The Dead Church....Rev. 3:6
6. The Faithful Church....Rev. 3:13
7. The Lukewarm church...Rev. 3:22
 
I would suggest that when you get a chance to spend some time studying what God has to say to these 7 churches- I believe that the very fact that the phrase "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit say to the churches." Rev. 3:6 is used at the end of every one of these messages to the 7 churches makes it very important for us to not only read but to hear what is said.
 
We need to be careful that we are not caught as Isaiah 42:20 says:
 
"Seeing many things, but you observe not; opening the ears, but he hears not."
Isaiah 42:20
 
Last but not least we are told to be doers of the Word.
 
"But be you doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."
James 1:22
 
We are told not only in Luke 6:47-49 but also in Matthew 7: 24-27 that if we are not only hears but doers of God's Word that we will have built on a firm foundation and therefore we will be unshakable Christians.

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking