Monday, July 13, 2015

to be a Great Follwer of Jesus Christ

Just have a few minutes to check in. This morning while I was working on getting some potato salad made for supper and then getting the kitchen cleaned up, I was listening to a sermon from Carlton Byrd from Breath of Life(sorry I don't have time right now to try to find the sermon I was listening to- I was listening from something recorded from 3ABN on my Dish - it is on channel 9393 - at least it is here. Click the button above to check out the station more.) But I wanted to at least share a little lesson that I learned.
"Before you can be a great leader,
You have to be a great follower."
 
 
The pastor was telling the story about Moses and Joshua and that once Moses died- Joshua was able to be a great leader for the children of Israel because he had been a good and faithful follower - of not only Moses but of Jesus Christ. This story really struck a cord with me. In our lives we want to live great lives for the Lord- and in order for us to do great things for Him- we must be great followers of Jesus Christ. In order to be a great follower- we must spend time in prayer and studying the Bible. But not only studying the Word of God but also doing what the Bible instruct us to do. We can not be hearers only- we must be doers of the Word. We must spend precious time in the Word of God and in prayer and sometimes spending time quietly before the throne of God in order to hear what He has to tell us. We will never hear from him if our lives are always in a hustle and bustle of movement and noise. We need quiet time with the Lord every day. May God bless you all as you seek to spend more time with Him and in studying His Word! :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking