Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I'm Not the Only One Waiting

I have shared recently how I have a list of person prayer requests that I am waiting for an answer still. I've also written how over the last couple of years I have come to realize that waiting is a part of the Christian walk. It seems like every now and then there seems to be time when you find yourself waiting for God to guide you to the next step in life or for an answer to prayer.

In reading my devotional this morning, I was reminded that not only do I have to wait, but that God also waits as well.

"And therefore will the LORD wait that He may be gracious unto you,
 and therefore will He be exalted that He may have mercy upon you;
 for the LORD is a God of justice blessed are all they that wait for Him."
Isaiah 30:18
 
I had always thought how unfair it seemed how long we often times have to wait for our prayers to be answered. But after reading my devotional I realized that the truth is God's been waiting much longer on me. It took me so many years to realize my true need for Him and to learn the importance of surrendering my life and my will to Him. And in fact I am sure that He is still patiently waiting for me. He who began a good work in my is waiting for me to allow Him to take me to the next level.
 
As I think over my life I wish so much that I had have learned the concept of allowing God to guide and direct me so much sooner. The sad truth is that I can no say that I did not know because I remember my Daddy always praying for God to guide and direct him and I think I have done the same as well. But there is a big difference between just saying the words and really meaning them. And I am thankful that I had the example and began to ask for the guidance because even though I did not totally allow God to guide me- I was at least asking for it and after waited and waited and waited, I finally came into the understanding of surrendering my life to Him. I don't totally have it all figured out and I still struggle with holding onto things that I should have surrendered years ago, but I am thankful that I serve a Savior who is willing to wait for me. Praise be to God.

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories