Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I Found a Better Way

Today I wanted to do a bit of a review about something that I use with my chickens, just in case someone coming along can get some use from this information. I wish I had have figured this out much sooner than I did.
 
I started out using these galvanized chicken waterers. They cost a lot of money - like 25-35 dollars each. And when you have a large chicken yard - you need more than one.
 
About a year or so ago I was at TSC to pick up a new waterer. I ran into one of my husband cousins and thankfully she told me about using these plastic waterers. When I looked at the price I was sold on at least checking them out and seeing if they would work for us. For less than 10 dollars - and I am thinking more like about 6.99 area it was worth trying out.
 
Not only is this plastic one cheaper - there are some other great things about it. First of all - it is much easier to keep clean. Every couple of days or so I bring them in and I clean them with soap and water and get the chickens fresh water. The other great thing about these is that they don't do what the galvanized ones do - and that is rust. After a while they would rust and get holes and leak. And when you pay so much for them you really want them to lost longer than they did.

So I have bought 3 of these plastic one - plus I have a bucket that I have full of water. And I have a hard plastic - swimming pool for the chickens. For this I use a safety drain pan for a washing machine. This only cost 18.00 at Home Depot. Sorry for the tiny photo all I could get. But you get the idea.
 
Camco Washer/Dryer Accessories 30 in. x 32 in. Washing Machine Drain Pan with PVC Fitting 20752
 
 
Anyway I hope that this information is helpful to someone. I know I am thankful that I finally changed over to these things. :O)
 
These are photos that I have borrowed from the internet and this is a review only to give information. It is not for any gain for myself.

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories