Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Fun Outing

This post will be photo heavy- but I hope you enjoy it just the same!

Last week my husband took a couple of days off to spend with our granddaughter.
On one of the days we went to a town that is about an hours drive. Granbury is a really neat town. They have a town square that has several really cool antique stores that I love to visit when we get a chance. But this visit to Granbury was not a time to go to antique stores. Nope. This visit was for our granddaughter to have fun. We found 3 really cool things to do and today I wanted to share with you all the Granbury Doll House that we went to. Best part is that it was free!! You can't beat that!

 
Now note that it is not open all the time, just on specific days.
We went on a Friday.

This was the tallest doll that we saw at the Doll House:
 
 
These next two dolls - have a bit of interesting history to them.  
But first of all I wanted to say that my husband thought that they were kind of creepy.

 
These dolls were made by a local artist who used her nieces as molds for the faces of the dolls. That is why they are so lifelike. I think it would be cool to have photos of the girls when the molds were taken and then also photos of the girls now- since I understood it to be quite some time sine these dolls were made.
 
This older home in Granbury that houses the Granbury Doll House has 5 rooms full of dolls.
My favorite doll, of course, was the Little House on the Prairie dolls! Especially Laura!
There was a room that had cabinets with shelves that had lots of dolls from all over the world. Below is the photo - best I could get- of the dolls that they had from Germany:
They also had 2 dollhouses it looks like maybe I only got a photo of this one. If I find the other photo - I will share later. I am disappointed because the other dollhouse was made in the late 1800's.
This one is on a turn table so you can turn it around and look at it from every angle.
It also has a remote control that you can turn on and off the tiny light fixtures that actually work.
And the lady that donated this house - actually comes to the Granbury Dollhouse every season to change up the decorations and such of the house. She had recently decorated it for summer. I think it would be fun to visit the house again when it gets to be closer to Christmas and see how it is decorated. Might have to plan on that.
 
And I loved this doll. That smile was too sweet to pass up getting a photo of!
 
When we were fixing to leave the Doll House- my granddaughter noticed that there were dolls in the first two chairs on the porch but not the last chair(sorry I did not get the dolls in the chairs in the  photo) so she thought she needed to go check it out.
She had fun and enjoyed herself.
I would have liked to have stayed longer and really looked at the dolls. I would also like to get a count of how many dolls there are at this house. Maybe in our next visit I will be able to get that kind of information.
 



2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision