Thursday, January 8, 2015

Making Some Gluten

Ok - so today since it is quite chilly outside and I am staying inside as much as possible- I have decided to make Gluten. If you are interested in finding out what all is involved in making gluten- click on the link above. I love gluten and my husband who loves his meat- really likes my gluten as well.

So today I am making up 2 batches of it. I am hoping to be able to freeze at least 2 meals worth and have a meals worth for this week end. I am thinking of making Gluten more often so I can keep gluten in the freezer. It takes a lot of work to rinse the ball of dough to get all the starch out - so that is why I am starting with 2 batches today. Then I can work up to more batches as I make it up. But today I think that this will give us a good amount till I can make up some more.

So what are you doing to stay warm?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this. :). Thanks for sharing the recipe. Too bad we can't be in the kitchen together and make so e together. :)

    I'm staying warm by staying inside and snuggling up with a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marci~ We really like gluten. The secret it to have a good broth to boil the gluten in. It really adds the flavor. Another secret I have found is once you get done rinsing it in the water - is to allow the gluten to sit for a while before working with it - it helps it firm up. Will have to go to the directions in the post and make sure it says that - because I did not know that at the time that the original post was written.
      Good luck! Lisa :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision