Sunday, January 18, 2015

Just some of my Favorite Verses

A friend asked me for some of my favorite verses. Her Daddy passed away just a week or so ago and she is going to put a memorial book together about her Daddy. She is really suffering right now and just wanted some help getting some verses together. So I opened up my favorite Bible and started reading through the verses that I had highlighted and picking out my favorite ones. The ones that had really been encouraging to me - especially over the last year or so. And since I had gathered them together I thought that I would share them here with you all just in case some of these verses might encourage you as well. :O)

 "The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace."    Exodus 14:14

 "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

"As your days, so shall your strength be." Deuteronomy 33:25b

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold."
Job 23:10

"Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" Psalm 27:14

"For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5

The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit. Psalm 34:18

"To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. 2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. 3 He has put a new song in my mouth-- Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:1-3

"Be still, and know that I am God; " Psalm 46:10a

"Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22

"From the rising of the sun to its going down The Lord's name is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

"Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path." Psalm 119:105

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

"You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3

 "But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

"To comfort all who mourn, 3 To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified."     Isaiah 61:2b-3

"Thus says the Lord: "Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths, where the good way is, And walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls." Jeremiah 6:16a

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord. 8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

  "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?" Jeremiah 32:27

"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

"He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8

"The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

 " 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' Says the Lord of hosts." Zechariah 4:6b

 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

 "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things." Philippians 4:8

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
(In my Andrew's Study Bible - it has a note under this verse that says - I can cope with anything. That really helped me to better understand this verse.)


"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

 "Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8
(This verse is important just by itself- but I like it with the whole section of the Bible as well- shown below)

"6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 5:6-11
     

           

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these wonderful verses! It is such an encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing you are to share these beautiful verses with your hurting friend and with all of us. Thank you for taking the time to bless those around you. You are a true treasure, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All wonderful scriptures....And I agree, you are a real blessing to the people in your life!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)