Wednesday, January 7, 2015

What a Day! with lots of photos (updated)

Today will be a post full of photos. Sorry they do not always show true color of item.
 
Since yesterday was going to be the best weather day of the week, I decided to combine all my running around errands and such for that one day. It made for a long day - 6 hours of actually being gone - but thankfully I was able to get a lot of stuff done, had fun and found some great deals.
 
I had not been to a thrift store in over a month- since before my 2 surgeries of December. So I decided to hit 2 of my favorite thrift stores in a town nearby.
 
At goodwill I found some nice clothes for our granddaughter. I found 1 long sleeved top and 3 summer tops for her.
 I also found 2 pairs of pants - the photo does not show it but these were both practically brand new- each of them only running about $2.49.
 This was a great deal that I got - a Rapunzel pj set - it is a summer pj set - but for only $1.25 I couldn't pass it up. Especially since my granddaughter really likes Repunzel.
Here are the things that were in the back ground of the photo above:

There is an awesome dot to dot book - that has over 300 pages- it has all sorts of animals in it - one side is the dot to dot and on the page across from the dot to dot - is a page that tells about the animal. $1.00
Then there is a Christmas activity for next year. And a brand new package of some foam letters that will come in handy when I am taking care of SweetPea this summer.
 
I did actually find one top for me- sorry no picture at this time. Will try to take one and share it later. It is really pretty.
 
Not only did I hit my two favorite thrift stores, but I also went to the Quilting Store. And bought some fabric for a quilting project that I have planned. I was happy to finally get this fabric. Keep in mind that the beige fabric is not quite so light as this photo shows. I was using my flash on my phone to make a better photo but I made the fabrics look a bit off from the original colors. 
 
Funny me thought that I had left way too early in the day and that I would have a long wait for my 1pm appointment to get my hair cut after my stopping at my thrift stores and quilt store, but I was wrong. When I left the quilt shop - I had about 10 minutes to drive across town for my appointment. And I made it just in time!  

Come to find out my hair was not growing as lops sided as I had thought. My hair was at about 3 1/2 inches. It is a bit more manageable now and does not have the split ends any more.
 
I also hit 2 different groceries stores and got the groceries for the week. Which ended up being a good things since it looks like we may have some wintery weather by Friday, if not by the week end.
**********************
Disclaimer - what I am about to share with you - I did not get done yesterday. 
These Cherry Kiss Cookies I made up for this past week end. We had a potluck to go to and I had wanted to try these cookies but wanted to try them when I knew more of them would get eaten(not just making up a batch of cookies for my husband and I to eat on). They turned out pretty good. And I did get some compliments from them,  but not as much as I got on the Rocky Road Fudge that I made. Oh I also made a batch of them yesterday again. The first time I had followed the directions and had put almonds in them. But my husband had thought that he would like them even better with pecans so I got the stuff to make another batch and made them up for him once I got home from my busy day out.  
 
This past week end I also was able to get my Block of the Month made up. Last month I had hated waiting till the last day before BOM and having to make them that day. I do not like to feel pressured into sewing.
 
There is another good thing that came out of getting the block done. I was then able to focus on a project that I had wanted to get working on - hence the purchase of the fabric above. So now I will have some free time to work on that project. I will be sharing about it as I work on it.

Anyway so now it has gotten colder outside and is suppose to be dropping as the afternoon progresses. I had not gotten all my stuff done yesterday - so today I had to run to town to pay my trash bill - due today. And oh my goodness - the wind is STRONG out there. So glad that I can stay inside now. Still trying to get rid of this drainage and the coughing that goes along with it. But I am trying to get back to eating more healthfully and drinking more water and hoping by doing so I can be feeling better soon.
 
Oh and one more thing that is exciting!
I have been looking for some of this fabric for a while. Problem was - I did not know a name of the fabric or the name of the company that made the fabric - and every time that I would type in butterfly fabric into Ebay or whatever - I would get pages and pages of choices of great butterfly fabrics but not what I was looking for. Well this week - I was looking again- and I started typing in other information with butterfly and I actually found what I was looking for. And I ordered the fabric! Yeah - now I can move along in finishing the quilt that had this fabric as the center of each block - that was the hold up. I really wanted some of the fabric for the border as well. And I had been afraid that it was just too late to get any of this awesome fabric. So I am totally thrilled to say that I have 1 3/4 yards of fabric on it's way to me. Then I will need to pick out 2 great fabrics that go with this and I will be on my way to getting that quilt done! Yay!!!
 
 
I hope you all stay warm and dry.
Have an awesome day! :O)

6 comments:

  1. I love the clothes you bought your SweetPea and the pajamas are perfect!! I adore the fabric you bought. Blues are my favorites. :) I am so glad you were able to get so much done and can stay home the rest of the week. I am in Houston and we will be getting the wintery weather that is coming to you this weekend. I, like you, plan on staying in and building a fire in the fireplace. I'm hoping to have my nose in a good book.
    Sending you love and hugs-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marci~ I like the blue the best too! The browns and blacks -is what I had to get to go with the project I am working on. It was harder for me to pick out the fabric because it is more masculine than what I normally get.
      I hope you guys stay warm as well.
      <> to you! Lisa :O)

      Delete
  2. You certainly got some great deals for your granddaughter! The pj set is fantastic! The cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- the cookies were good- but the only problem is that the Rocky Road fudge was super good stuff and so the cookies did not end up rating as high. Still like choc chip cookies a lot more! Hope you are doing well! Lisa :O)

      Delete
  3. Oh I can see why you are so excited with that butterfly fabric...It is so pretty and cheerful!
    I have not been to the Goodwill store in years! I used to love going with my mom...but since we have lived so far up north for over twenty one years now, those stores are few and far between...but there are a couple small shops in neighboring towns that I must check out.

    We are deep into the white stuff and more is on it's way...It is coming from the west, so it is probably from the same cold front that you are getting. Our temps are in the single digits, and expected to be in the negatives with the wind chill, so it is a good time to hibernate at home with some artwork to keep me busy.
    I prayed for your congestion to clear...I'm still praying for your total recovery from it.
    I will be posting some pics of my hair pretty soon on my blog. I like it short, but right now I miss the warmth of longer hair, lol!
    Blessings <3 Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lisa - I had not even thought about people not having a Goodwill nearby- so that is something I need to remember to be thankful for and not take for granite.
      I look forward to seeing your photos of your hair. I like my hair alright now - but I am with you I would much prefer the longer hair - not just for warmth but also just because I think I look much better with longer hair.
      Try to stay warm and dry. Goodness you have some cold weather. Tonight we are going to get into the teen's not sure what the chill factor is - I am guessing lower cause earlier they were saying it was like in the teens - chill factor that is and it was above freezing at that point.
      Lisa :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories