Monday, January 5, 2015

P P Pie...That's what's for Supper

Hello~ Goodness I have hardly been on lately. So sorry - that had not been my intentions at all. I really am not sure what is going on with me. I am thinking it may have something to do with the antibiotics that I am on. I just feel very quiet. I have also felt kind of run down and tired. I have just a couple more days left of my meds, so I am hoping after that I will begin to feel better. I am still coughing up stuff - so I am not totally well yet.

Today I guess I took my medicine without eating enough because I seriously got nauseous and I thought I was going to throw up. I had to get crackers out and start eating on them. And thankfully I began to feel better. But oh my goodness - I felt horrible. So I will be certain to eat a good meal before taking any more of my medicine.

I have set up an appointment to get my hair cut tomorrow. It has been over 2 months since my last hair cut so I really think that split ends need to be cut off. Plus - this is going to sound weird but I think my hair is growing uneven. My right side seems to be growing faster than the left side of my head. Isn't that weird? I wonder how normal that is and what causes it? Anyway thankfully Kathy was able to get me in. Not quite sure what I am going to do with my hair. I think my main thing at this point is to trim my hair and shape it a bit better. Not thinking of taking any real length off of my hair at this point. It is basically to clean up my hair and make it healthier. It is so nice to be at this point. My hair still has so far to go - to get back to where it was prior to the diagnosis, but it has come such a long ways since I had NONE.

Tomorrow will be the warmest day of the week at temps in the mid 50's. That is the reason I am planning my errand for tomorrow. I am going to work on getting a menu made up and a grocery list so that I can get groceries while I am out - so that later in the week I don't have to worry about that.

I heard a great sermon this week end and I have been reading a great book. I am pondering some spiritual things- gems I have found but just need to find the best way to share them here with you all. Hoping to be able to pull the thoughts together and get them written out for a post to share here.

Oh and where I got the title to this post.... Well as I was deciding what to make for supper - I found a bag of what looked like some cooked chicken or turkey, in the amount to make up a potpie for supper. So as I am telling my husband about it I said ok we are having poultry pot pie. He said oh we are having P P Pie? lol - yes we are having P P Pie for supper. Poultry Pot Pie that is!

Well I just wanted to check in a let you all know that I am still here. Hope you all are doing well. :O)

2 comments:

  1. Cute title. :) I love when we share giggles with our spouses! I'm sorry you are still feeling blah. I hope and pray that you will soon feel energetic and better. It makes me smile that you are getting a haircut...yea, hair to cut!! :)
    I'm looking forward to hearing about your spiritual gems. Sending you love and hugs, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're still feeling a bit ill, but your energy might be more affected from the fact that you've been fighting off the illness more-so than the meds causing your tiredness.
    That's so cool that you need a hair cut again!
    Mine is still pretty short and very thick and curly. I think my right side is longer than the left, but I thought it might be hard to know for sure because of all the curls.
    (No amount of hair gel can tame them).
    I'm looking forward to reading about your little gem too.
    When I read your post title the first thing I thought was, Oh her granddaughter must be staying with her this week...lol!
    Blessings <3 Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories