Thursday, January 15, 2015

Want to Raise Your Happiness Level?

I just love how if I am open to following God's guidance~ He leads me just where I need to be or what I need to find. And it happened again- So I was looking for something in a bag and found a book that I had been reading on - off and on.

I decided to read the next chapter. And it had a list of "6 things you can do to raise your happiness level." Can you guess what one of the main things I found - you guessed it! Another reminder to put God first. I would like to share what this author had to say today:

**************************************************************************
Invite God into your life every day before you do anything else and you will be a much happier person.

Jesus said, "See first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and your basic needs will be taken are of" (see Matthew 6:33)

Your first inclination may be to say, "Yeah, yeah, Ok, I agree." But how many of us really do this before we do anything else? I've learned that one of the dumbest things I can do when I get up In the morning is to start looking at the newspaper or turn on the TV for the weather report before I get reconnected with the Lord.

I'd like to suggest to you that in this matter, processing is everything. And when we don't process- don't do our "reps." to use a sports term- we lose out and live in the shallows of this life instead of in the deep riches of God.

"Lord-please-come-into-my-life-and-help-me-to-have-a-good-day" and I'm out the door simply doesn't cut it if I want real joy and happiness in my life.

Can't we at least give God five minutes at the start of the day? Or ten? And then more time as the Holy Spirit enables us?  Christian author Ellen White wrote:

"If you will seek the Lord and be converted every day, if you will of your own spiritual choice be free and joyous in God; if with gladsome consent of heart to His gracious call you come wearing the yoke of Christ- the yoke of obedience and service- all your murmuring will be stilled, all your difficulties will be removed, all the perplexing problems that now confront you will be solved. (Thoughts From the Mount of Blessing, pg. 101) .

The Bible puts it this way: "Taste and see that the LORD is good." (Psalm 34:8). "Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4)
*************************************************************************
Come back tomorrow because I would like to share another pointer to being happy. See you then! :O)

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, thank you so much for sharing here about the importance of spending time with our precious LORD before we attempt other things in the mornings. I have enjoyed reading here today. Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories