Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Decisions...and Blessings

We have 9 chickens. One of which is in pretty bad shape- will probably die in the next day or so. We have had these chickens for an awfully long time. They are probably at least 6-7 years old or so. They don't lay anywhere near what they used to - sometimes not at all. We get an egg here and there - but not where you can count on them at all.

Today my husband and I discussed maybe getting rid of the few chickens we have left and ordering the 25 from McMurray. It is exciting to think of having baby chicks around again! And then once they start laying - that will be wonderful. Especially since egg prices have been going up and up. When I first started going to Aldi's - they had their eggs for 39 cents a dozen! What a great deal! Well since then the price has gone up and I believe the price is at 1.50 a dozen- which is still better then the price of a dozen eggs any where else. Plus fresh eggs are always better than store bought and probably better for you as well. I will certainly let you know what we decide!
*************************************************

So day I had a few errands to run and so while I was out I stopped my a favorite little thrift store. I found a few really great deals!

A friend of mine was sharing with me how this book had really been blessing her soul:
So I had it in the back of my mind that I would love to read the book. So I had not went looking specifically for any certain books. But as I was looking through the books - I found it and I was so excited!!
 
Another sweet friend had sent me Elizabeth Viera Talbots book - "Luke" and I have been reading it and have been thoroughly blessed by it. So When I found this book:

I just could not pass it up. The books are not very big - but they are wonderful books - that dig deeper into a better understanding of who Jesus is!
 
I found about 6-7 other books that I look forward to checking out. And who knows I might end up sharing tidbits from them as well!
 
***
I am always amazed at what I find at this thrift shop and I am so thankful that God guides me to the treasures He has for me there. Because there are about 5 -6 book shelves and so sometimes I don't look through some of the books like I did today. I just had a feeling I was suppose to and sure enough - I found some awesome books. I love blessings like that! God is so good. He wants to bless us in so many ways - and sad thing is He blesses us many times when we don't even realize that He has blessed us because we are not paying attention. Be sure to pay attention and see what you can notice that God does just to bless you. Oh and why don't you share in the comments how he has blessed you- I would love to hear your testimony of how good God is! :O)

2 comments:

  1. Yes...fresh eggs are so much better than the store bought ones!
    I have a friend who gives us some once in awhile since we are not allowed to have chickens where we live.
    It's hard to believe that living in such a rural and wooded area we have very strict zoning laws! Even harder to believe that for almost eight years it was my job to enforce those laws! (now I cringe at the thought of it)...So glad the Lord removed me from that job.
    I just love it when the Lord sends us little gifts like that....and you are so right, it is sad that we do not always even realize that it is from him. I know that I have often walked right past something that was meant for me to have...usually because I have too many other things on my mind instead....but the good news is Jesus is renewing my mind daily, and I am trying to focus more on him these days!
    Blessings and love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to find out what you decide! I've never had chickens before, but my husband grew up with them, and I would love to have some someday.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision