Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Good News for Those in the Storms of Life

Are you going through a storm? Are you wondering how your will make it through? Well I have some good news for you today!

I have a friend who was sharing with me about a book she's reading that I want to check out.

In this book the author says that most people are in one of 3 places-Just came out of a storm, in the middle of a storm, or about to go into a storm. If I remember correctly she goes on to ask - "Are you telling God how Big your storm is or are you telling the storm how Big your God is?" In my own experience I'd have to say both. I did both of these during the last year. And although the cancer storm is not raging in my life right now- I still have other storms going on in my life.

This morning I decided to check my phone's app for Biblical Inspiration- it gives a Bible verse every day and I just felt like I was suppose to check it out. And when I did my heart was thrilled when I read:
 
"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?
Jeremiah 32:27
 
How much clearer could the words be? What a powerful reminder to me not to allow my storms o get me down, but cause nothing is too hard for God! My problems may not be solves overnight, obviously, since some of mine have I've dealt with for years, but I can not give up. God will work on my behalf.
 
It may not be today, it may not be this month, it may not even be this year, but I can rest assured that God will answer my prayers. And He may not answer my prayers the way I would think He would. God doesn't have a box in which He has to work in. The scriptures tell us that:
 
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. 9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 5:8-9
 
And verse 11 is an excellent promise for us to hold onto:
 
11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.   
 
What comfort these words give to the restless heart of those going through the storms of their lives, I know it did mine.

So to break it all down - if you are facing a storm right now be assured that

*Nothing is too hard for God
 
* God's ways are not our ways
 
*We can trust God with our problems
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Ann- I am glad it was able to encourage you! :O)

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa! Oh my, these are such good words for me today. I broke my leg and had surgery last week, so I am fairly immobile. Yuck!! I don't like feeling this dependent, but it's necessary for healing. So...I reread the Scripture you wrote here, and realize that God will carry me through this storm.

    Thank you for this light on a cloudy day,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceil~ I pray that you will recover quickly, but until you are able to get up and around easily - take advantage of the down time. Take it easy and rest. Sometimes when we are down - is the perfect time for God to speak to us or give us wonderful insight!
      God bless~ Lisa :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories