Saturday, December 29, 2012

When One Door Closes, Another One Opens...Hopefully

Well it looks like the perfect day to do some catch up. First of all, Well I have shared with you all that my MIL owned a small convenience store/bakery/grill. Well I have worked there many years. In fact, she has owned this store just shy of 20 years. My job was basically making the cookies - we had 10 different kinds of cookies. I also made the dough for her kolaches. I usually worked about 10 + hours a week.

My youngest son has been helping her with the grill for a while now. He also would run the store -the closing shift most days. My oldest son has been working the store - the morning- the end of burger time.

Well on about Wednesday we found out that Saturday December 29th would be the last day the store would be open. My MIL had said something about a week and a half ago about how poorly the store was doing and that she might have to shut it down- but this is not something we have not heard before. In fact, it is at least once or twice a year that she had would talk about how poorly the store was doing so because she had "yelled wolf" so often we did not take her seriously. And the next day she mentioned to my son that she did not feel peace from God to close the store. So we went the next few days thinking that it would stay open. And then suddenly she tells us on Wednesday. And then by Friday she put signs out telling the customers. So it was true. It is so shocking to all of us.

What is funny is that my oldest son truly needs a better job that will pay all of his bills and he has been looking. So I had thought that soon - I would end up with more hours. If oldest got another job - I would have to take over helping with the grill which would have added 20 hours to my work week. Well working the grill and making French fries and such is not my favorite thing to do but she would need help and it would be more money - and who does not need more money the way the economy is at the moment(and has been for a while.) So Here I am thinking I am going to get more hours and then in just one week - I will get NO hours.

What is the most concerning for me though is that my oldest son has a house, bills and a car payment. He has been looking for a better job for a while and has had a hard time finding one. What might be a blessing is that since he has NO job now - he will be able to really get out and look and maybe go to temp agencies and look for a job. We have heard that a lot of times places hire people temporarily and then if they like them as workers - they hire them. So we are praying that God will open a good door for him and that he can get a job asap- so he can keep paying his bills. He was barely making it as it was.

We are really having to learn to trust God. And in a way it is getting easier but there are still moments that are hard and I have to pray that God will help me with my faith. That's a really cool thing about God is that He is always there just waiting to answer prayers like that!

Not the best photos - but since the store sold today. I had to get what photos I could.
I am struggling a bit today. I have worked in this bakery for 18 years. There was a year or so that I took off once and then a 6 month time period that I had to take off but this place has been such a part of my life that I am grieving a bit about it.



2 comments:

  1. Such a cute bakery, sorry to hear it was sold. I will pray for your son to find a good job. I know you've been through a lot this year. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I really enjoyed working there most of the time. There were a few holidays that were like WAY stressful but that has been years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories