Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Long, Busy Day

Well today I am handling things much better about the store being sold. I actually spent about 6-7 hours over at the store helping get things packed up and out of there. We made a big dent in what needs to be done but there is still a lot to be done. My MIL still needs to clean out her office and then the attic. Today we focused on the Kitchen and then store room - and boy was there ALOT of stuff in them. Also all the decorations on the walls and on the stuff - all them are gone. She offered one of the customers the plants she had so he came by today to pick them all up and by the time I left - boy it just did not look like the same place. At least not the side by the bakery. All the apple decorations - many of them given to my MIL by our customers - are all taken over to my MIL's house. It will be a different store. I am curious to see what the new owners will do with the place. They really do not seem to be the type people that will have a country atmosphere at the store.
I will miss the store but God is in control of every detail of my life. This is something I have to remind myself of - or God has to remind me of ever so often. God is in control and I can trust Him.

Anyway I don't think I will have any problem at all sleeping tonight. I have worked hard today. And I have a long list of things I want to get done tomorrow before my husband gets home. He has been in Arkansas since Wednesday helping to restore phone service - all through Arkansas. Trust me he has been around the southwest parts of Arkansas and all around the northeast part - and of course Little Rock area - that is where they were staying. I am thankful that they have been safe. The first day driving up there - took them a LONG time.

Ya'll have a good night. See ya tomorrow! :o)

3 comments:

  1. Happy you are feeling a bit of peace about things today!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has something happened in Arkansas? I haven't seen anything on the news here. Praise the Lord you are feeling better about the store being sold :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren- A snow storm went through on Christmas day and he got a phone call at midnight asking if he wanted to go to Arkansas to help get the phones up and running again. It was a very quick storm to move through Arkansas. He is on his way back will be back later this evening. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity