Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday's Catch Up

Hello everyone~ I know I have not been around lately but I am guessing that in a week - I will have more time to actually sit down and write some of the blog posts that I have had going around my head lately. I have had ideas but just no time to sit down and write them out.

Well as you can see from the above photo - that we actually have a chance of a white Christmas. From what I have heard so far is that rain starting out and then may go into sleet and snow. Who knows? You never can tell what it's gonna do around here. Just a couple of days ago we broke a record of the highest temperature for the daytime high. I think it go up to about 80.

Well I have spent some time today wrapping up a few of the last gifts. It feels good to have that done.

I have been sick for the last 3 weeks. On Monday I finally went to the Dr. She gave me antibiotics and also sent me to have xrays done - she thought here was a chance that I had pneumonia. I was not able to get the xrays done for a few days but did not end up having pneumonia. I did end up having to take a second round of antibiotics though. I am still coughing up stuff but am feeling a bit better.

The problems that we have been having that have kept me so very quiet have not been cleared up yet. There has been talk of it but who knows. It is still threatening to take away some of our Christmas joy. But we are holding onto hope. Trusting that God is in control and that if He is allowing this to happen - that there is a reason for it and that ultimately He will use it for His glory.


Remember we lost one of my favorite trees to the drought that we have summer before last? Well we were able to get it cut down finally. Today we spent some time organizing the wood and getting a pile of kindling and then piling up the good fire wood. We have some close to the back door - since it looks like Christmas will be a cold one and perfect weather for a fire in the fire place. I really enjoy having a fire place. We don't get to use it as often as I'd like but it is very enjoyable when we do get t use it. I still hate that we lost my favorite tree. The view our my kitchen window is very different now. And will be even more so once we get all of the tree out of that area.

I hope you all have a great week and a Very Merry Christmas. Don't forget the reason for the Season!

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)