Monday, August 13, 2012

When Cooking Peeled Potatoes in Slow Cooker

I learned something new today and I think it is important enough to share with you all. When you are going to be cooking potatoes in a slow cooker that have been peeled - it is important to follow a very important step to help keep them from turning dark while they cook slowly. This step is done before you add the potatoes to the slow cooker.

Put water in a bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon of Cream of Tarter to the water. Stir it around. Then add the potatoes. And allow to sit for a couple of minutes. I just added the sliced potatoes to the water as I got them ready to add and then once I was done let them sit for a couple of minutes. Then drain the water off. Discard  the water. Then your potatoes are ready to be added to the slow cooker.

I am making a recipe that uses this technique. I will be posting the recipe if it turns out good. It looks like it will be a yummy recipe.

I am always happy to learn helpful little hints like this one. I hope it helps you as well. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories