Sunday, August 26, 2012

One on Each Shoulder...



As you well know, I am reading "The Great Controversy." I began reading this book 3 months ago. And I still have a little less that 200 pages to go. This book is full of history and ALOT of information to digest. 
Today I wanted to share a few quotes from this mornings devotional time. 

I heard a sermon this past week talking about how we all have an angel and that not only that but we also all have a demon-evil angel, one that knows us and knows what our weaknesses are. I had seen cartoons of the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other shoulder but I had just never thought about that fact that we do always have the force of evil hoovering around wanting to bring us down. How many times have I shared - 1 Peter 5:8
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." 
But do not be dismayed~ 
"You are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" 1 John 4:4

Please take the time to read these quotes. I know that they are written in a way that is a little difficult but it is very worth it to read them.

"Satan invents unnumbered schemes to occupy our minds, that they may not dwell upon the very work with which we ought to be best acquainted. The archdeceiver hates the great truths that bring to view an atoning sacrifice and an all-powerful mediator. He knows that with him everything depends on his diverting minds from Jesus and His truth." GC 488


"Could the veil which separates the visible from the invisible world be swept back, and the children of men behold an angel recording every word and deed, which they must meet again in the judgment, how many words that are daily uttered would remain unspoken, how many deeds would remain undone." GC 487 

But the Good News is~

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"
1 John 2:1

1 comment:

  1. Very good quotes to think about! Diverting our minds from Jesus--the very place tht we need to fix our minds--on HIm!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking