Friday, August 3, 2012

Does The Spirit and Word Agree?

I am still working on reading "The Great Controversy" It has been a bit more challenging than the other 4 books. There is a lot of history in this book and I am just taking it slow. I am more than halfway through the book now- I have been working on reading it for 2 months now. Below is an awesome quote that I wanted to share. 
"The spirit of error will lead us from the truth; and the Spirit of God will lead us into truth. But, say you, a man may be in an error, and think he has the truth. What then? We answer, The Spirit and word agree. If a man judges himself by the word of God, and finds a perfect harmony through the whole word, then he must believe he has the truth; but if he finds the spirit by which he is led does not harmonize with the whole tenor of God's law or Book, then let him walk carefully, lest he be caught in the snare of the devil."--The Advent Herald and Signs of the Times Reporter, vol. 8, No. 23 (Jan. 15, 1845).GC 397

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)