Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Character of God


"The law of God, from its very nature, is unchangeable. It is a revelation of the will and the character of its Author. God is love, and His law is love. Its two great principles are love to God and love to man. "Love is the fulfilling of the law." Romans 13:10. The character of God is righteousness and truth; such is the nature of His law. Says the psalmist: "Thy law is the truth:" "all Thy commandments are righteousness." Psalm 119:142, 172. And the apostle Paul declares: "The law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good." Romans 7:12. Such a law, being an expression of the mind and will of God, must be as enduring as its Author." GC467

What an awesome quote from the book that I am still reading - The Great Controversy .  I am nearing the point in the book where I will only have 200 pages left. I have to confess(may have already but oh well) This book always scared me. I was afraid that if I read this book - it would only cause a lot of fear. I had heard my fair share or more of the horrors of the last days. Well to my very young mind they scared me. I think I already shared this but I remember once asking my Daddy if he would carry me during the last days cause I was afraid of them. No - I don't expect him to carry me any more but these words carry a lot of weight - because truthfully we do need our Father - our Heavenly Father to carry us. We need to turn our wills and our lives over to the care of God and allow Him to guide and direct us. 

Jesus said "Think not that I have come to destroy the law;" "till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law." Matthew 5:17,18.

We are told in Hebrews: 
 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."  Hebrews 13:8


"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." 1 John 5:3 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)