Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mystery Solved, And a Redo

So the past few days I had noticed that the water in my birdbath kept going low really quickly. I would fill it up, only to find a few hours later that it would be half empty. I have been so busy and gone so much that I had not realized what was causing it till this evening when I looked out there and saw a black bird taking a bath. I love to watch birds bathe. They enjoy it so much - and it is fun to watch! 

Then I noticed several more birds fly in and then a couple more. I tried to get some photos of them but with the sun shining in -it made it hard to get a photo of them. But the good news is that the mystery has been solved. 
So did you notice the paint brush in the back ground? Well we have been redoing our main bathroom. It was one of those projects that you begin planning on doing one thing and then it dominoes into a much larger project. We are very happy with how it is going. 
Oh and a bit of a teaser - We used "red,red wine" paint to paint some of the trim. The bathroom looks so soothing and nice. And we are hoping that the red trim is a nice accent. I don't think we have a before photo of this bathroom - but it really needed help.

When we first moved in this house - we had done a little work in there. It had wall paper that my husband did not like. Well we took it down. At the time we did not realize that we could buy a texture paint stuff to get texture back on the walls. So we used some wallpaper stuff that has texture. Well we had a great wall paper border that had bears and was patriotic. Well when we tried to put the border on it did not stick good. So we only had it on one of the walls. And the wallpaper border stuff just did not do the bathroom justice. We just lived with the results. We had great Home Interiors, Inc decor for the bathroom and so that helped make up for the rest of it lacking. 

When we pulled the decorating stuff down- we had the stuff on the table for a couple of days. Then I thought of what I think was an awesome plan. Take some of the stuff and use it on our front porch. I had always wanted some decorations for our front porch. One piece, of the things that we put on the front porch, is made of resin - I believe - a hard plastic. I am hoping that it will hold out till we can find something to replace it with. The other pieces are metal. We bought rust inhibitor clear spray paint to spray them with and hope that they will last longer that way. And we are looking for another piece or so to put on the porch. I will try to get a photo of what we did and post it tomorrow. 

I will also try to get photos of our bathroom and share when I can. I don't know if photos will do it justice or not. It is not perfect - because we are not professionals but we have done the best job that we can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)