Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Treasure Chest of Healthy Information part 3

Good Morning Everyone! Here is another updated repost. Enjoy :o)

Here is some information that I probably should have shared first. I know that most of you probably already know to wash your hands when you get home from running errands and such. That is very important. But one thing that Dr. B told us was to Wash your hands before you eat. It is very important - even if you have been home. It is very important to get all of the bacteria of your hands before you eat. That bacteria can cause plaque and plaque can break off and end up causing Strokes. Yeah - that is pretty important information.

Another bit of important information is that Vitamin C only stays in your body about 24 hours. So it is a good idea to replenish it every day. One way that Dr. B does this is that every morning when he wakes up he drinks 2- 3 glasses of water with the juice of a lemon in with the water. If you have not drank much water after 7pm the night before- you will be thirsty and this will be pretty easy to do. If you really don't like lemon - start with just a little and increase as you get used to it. When I first started doing this I just used 1/2 of a lemon - now I use the juice of a whole lemon.

Now I am going to share what Dr. B does for Breakfast and one of the things that we had for Breakfast. Dr. B takes 1 Cup of - Oat Groats, Pearled Barley and Wheat Berries. Today I went to a nearby store that sell this stuff that you can buy how ever much you want. And I just did 1/3 of each of the grains. Put this grain in with some water to soak - through the day. In the evening, before you go to bed. Drain the water off of the grains. Then you will put the grains into your crock pot. Now add 4 cups of water and 1/2 tsp. of salt. Put lid on and cook on low all night. Your breakfast will be ready for you in the morning! I have my grain soaking now and will have this for breakfast in the morning. You can add honey to this and all sorts of other goodies like: sesame seeds(very good for you) sunflower seeds, raisins, walnuts, pecans and I am sure there are other goodies that can be added. The Dr also recommends eating 2 - 3 fruits along with this hot cereal. There is so much goodness to this. And so much nutrition as well. And let me tell you this - it stays with you so you don't end up hungry and hour or two later.

I do this a bit differently now. For some reason - when I cooked my grains over night - I would end up with a slimy layer - which I did not like. So now I take one part grain to - two parts water and I cook it on the stove for about 45 minutes - or until the water is soaked in. I have less slim this way. And it taste pretty good. If you do not have time to do this or don't have access to grains - use Oatmeal - it does not have as much nutrition but it is better than a lot of other choices.

Here is something I found interesting: Singing releases Endorphins. That is one reason why we sing these two songs at the beginning of each meeting.

The National Anthem and America the Beautiful!

What is interesting is that the reason behind why he chose these two songs. Because usually when we hear these songs - something important happens afterwards. So once we have sung these songs - our brains know that important information is to follow. I thought that was interesting.

As you can tell - I am reading through these posts and changing and updating things a bit.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories