Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Progress in my Sewing Room

Well as you all know, we have been slowly working in my sewing room to make it more organized and also a space that works and looks better. Well in our house we have closets that have the two wooden slates of wood that are connected with hinges and so when you open the closet door the slid into the shape of a V the open part of the V towards the inside of the closet. Well we had taken the doors off of the closet in that room a while back - just trying to make more room for all the stuff in the room. Well about a week ago - I had asked my husband to hang a rod above the closet so that I could hang my project hangers on it. He had bought a pretty rod that he had found at the Goodwill - anyway I am thinking that I told ya'll about that already. Anyway it was a great idea and looked great and for only the price of the hangers - to hang the rod from we were able to get that project out of the way.

Well I had decided that I wanted to hang a rod across the actual closet and hang a sheet on it, in order to make the room look better. The clutter in the closet took away from looking at my projects that hung on the rod that was right above the closet. So today I stopped by a favorite thrift store and found a queen sized white flat sheet for $2.00! And then I went by Home Depot and bought a shower rod. I probably could have found one at Goodwill or a thrift store but I was anxious to get this project done. Well I will have to do a bit of work on the sheet- open up the sides of the top portion of the sheet and then sew a seam across the top to make the sheet have the ruffled look of a curtain at the top. I am hoping to be able to get that done tomorrow.

Once I get the project done - I will try to get a photo of it to share. The room is far from perfect. We really need to clean out our garage and then take some boxes from my sewing room out to the garage - but with my husband's health and our record breaking summer - we have not been able to get that stuff done.

Anyway I am excited to be getting some of these things done. :O)

1 comment:

  1. Even those small improvements can make a huge difference! Happy you are able to make your sewing room even more "usable" for you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking