Monday, September 12, 2011

My New Design Wall

About a week ago - I was fixing to start working on making this quilt - well the quilt that I am going to make with these blocks. Because of the way in which I decided to put this quilt together, I am going to need to arrange the blocks and then work with the ones that will get certain color frames - while the other half will get a different color frame. It is suppose to cause there to be a ribbon going through the quilt effect. Since I am visual - I decided that I needed a Design Wall. Well I told my husband basically what I wanted. He began to think through what needed to be done. In the meantime, I worked on deciding where the things that had been on this wall would find their new homes. So this week-end we got those things moved around. Today after work - I went to Hobby Lobby along with my coupon to find some felt for my design wall and some adhesive spray. And my husband went to Home Depot to get the rest of the supplies. And we were able to get it done tonight!



Well I do want to eventually put putty over the screws and then paint the wood with a clear coat of varnish. After the fact - after it was too late did I notice that the bottom right side of the board - I did not do the best job at getting the felt straight. Oh well. I have my Design Wall and it will serve its purpose just fine! I am really loving my sewing room. We have a few things we will be working on later this week to make it an even better place to work. Until next time - Have a great day!! :O)


P.S. By the way - this is not how I am going to arrange the blocks - we just put them up so you could have an idea of how I will benefit from this great design wall!

1 comment:

  1. That's a wonderful design wall! And I love your blocks! You are such an inspiration to me! I have several unfinished quilts that I need to complete. My neighbor told me about a local (small town) quilt guild that meets once a week at the grange. I think we're going to go sew with the ladies. Maybe that will inspire me more!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking