Friday, September 23, 2011

A Treasure Chest of Healthy Information

This time last year, I went through a seminar that really changed my life. The last several months, of my husband having a lot of medical problems and even though he has had ALOT of test run - we still do not know what is wrong, has caused me to deviate from what I know is the best lifestyle for me. So I have decided to rerun a lot of the post that I did - when I first learned a lot of cool stuff. I will be rereading them as well. I hope that they will not only inspire me - but that they will inspire you to make good, healthy choices for your life as well.
*******************************************

This week I signed up for a seminar. It cost some money and that made it a little harder to decide to do it but I decided that it was important enough to do it. Well while at the seminar today - the Dr. shared that the main reason why he charged money was to eliminate those that were not really interested.

I was lucky and a friend (actually the one that told me about this seminar) signed up as well and so we have been carpooling up there together. It is nice because we are able to visit and talk about what we are learning.

Well last night we went for our first meeting. Well we were given the chance to see a movie - before it has even been released. "Forks over Knifes" It was a very informative movie/documentary. It is really amazing what our diets can do for our over all health. If you get a chance to see this movie - I highly recommend it!

There was a graph shown of "What determines How Long We Will Live?" Here is how it is broke down:

Social Circumstances 15%
Environmental Exposure 5%
Health Services 10%
Genetics 30%
Behavior 40%

If you will notice that yes - your genes do contribute to some negative aspect of what your health maybe - BUT your Behavior - What you eat, getting enough sleep, drinking enough water, exercise, etc...This is actually more important! This should give anyone hope!! And it is never too late to reverse damage done.

For any of you that have diabetes.. there was a fantastic graph shown. It showed 5 meds given to Diabetics. And it showed how many years that people took the meds and it showed if the meds helped the people. And it was very obvious that for the first year maybe 2-3 years the meds would help but that after they did not seem to work as well. When the Dr. was talking about this - I thought - How awesome is that! The meds will work for a few years giving the patient the chance to make the changes in their diet and the rest of their life style?! That is really neat. You can really make changes that can assist your body into healing itself and therefore, you being able to lower your meds or even stop them. Of course, you need to make the changes and get healthy before just stopping your meds. Be sure and discuss those type changes with your Dr.

Here is something that I am sure there are many industries out there that do NOT want this information to be spread around, but I have to share - It might save someones life?!

Animal protein turns "on" the cancer cells.

And colored fruits and vegetables help with this. They help the body to produce an enzyme that helps pull carcinogens out of the body. Isn't that cool?

"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." Genesis 1:29

"Grains, fruit, nuts, and vegetables constitute the diet chosen for us by our Creator."

"These foods, prepared in as simple and natural a manner as possible, are the most healthful and nourishing."

"They impart a strength, a power of endurance, and a vigor of intellect that are not afforded by a more complex and stimulation diet."

Ok - I am thinking for now - you probably have more than enough information to try to digest.
I will probably be doing more post about this. But for now - if you are interested in finding more information for yourselves - I would suggest the following books:

"Change or Die" by Alan Deutschman
"The China Study"
(The Dr. said this is a very important book to read before you die)
Books by Dr. Neal Barnard or John Mcdougall - They are great resources
"The Full Plate Diet" we were all given a copy of this book. And it looks like you can actually access this book online.

The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.
- Thomas A Edison

Here is a website that has some great quotes about food.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all of this great information..It also reminds me that I need to be drinking more water.. ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to write and keep us updated on what you are learning! This way we can kind of be taking the seminar right along with you! So glad you have a friend to carpool with. Makes it much more fun, as well as save on gas. Also give you someone to talk things over with on the way home! I look forward to hearing the next thing you learn!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)