Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Redecorating the Sewing

About a year and a half ago, our oldest son moved out. After getting everything out of his old room - we decided to make it into our sewing room. Things fell right into place as we already had some cabinets and a counter top that had no real home. So we put them on one wall and we had some track lighting we were not using so my husband installed those right over the cabinets so we would have a lot of great light in that area of the room. I have loved this feature.

Well after we have moved into this house we wanted to let the boys make their rooms - more their rooms. So we had them pick out comforter sets and let them pick out a border that would match. Well my oldest son did not like very many of the choices and so he ended up with a comforter set about Coke. And so of course got a border that was Coke as well. I found some fabric and made him some curtains for his room.

This top shelf in the room had Coke stuff all the way across it. These are the things that I kept- The bottle of Coke was a 25th year anniversary 0f Walmart - which is where we met and the same time period that we were working there. And I just could not let go of the vintage looking tin and the can - well it is a much older can because of how it was made - we don't know for sure when it was from - maybe we will find out sometime.

Anyway this past week-end JoAnn's Fabric had a 50% off their home decor fabrics so we went to check stuff out. And we found some great fabric for new curtains for the sewing room. And they also had a 40% off sale on the hardware. And when I saw this hardware - I was instantly in love with it!!
So yesterday I worked on making these curtains and my husband put the hardware up. And we were both very pleased with the results.

We also bought some spray stuff that we will use to take the border down with. Don't know if we will find another border to put up or not. Only if we find a border that is as pretty as these curtains. I love the fact that this fabric is like a burgundy but also looks black half the time - depending on how you look at it.

We also got fabric for my husband to reupholster the chairs with in that room a well - to match the color of the curtains.
We also bought some fabric and the hardware to make curtains for our bathroom. It feels good to be creative and to get projects done. Hope you all have a great day!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking