Thursday, February 17, 2011

God Has a Plan for Your Life

Lately I have talked to a friend who was sharing how she wished she were more like someone that she knew. Well I don't think she really wanted to be like this person but this person had some of the things that she really would like to have in her life. This person means a lot to me and so this morning - when I was awake but not yet awake enough to want to get out of bed, I got to thinking about all of this. And what I am about to share is what came to my mind (first thing in the morning my mind seems so clear and many times God uses this time to speak to me. I know it is God speaking to me because what he shares with me is so clear and I get it.)

So First of all I will share the first 3 steps of the 12 steps. These steps are very important and if you do not implement any of the rest of the steps into your life - these 3 are very important and will do you a lot of good.

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.

Now, first of all, please remember the word addiction here does not just mean drugs or alcohol - it can mean so much more - here are just a few examples - self-centeredness, fear, food, sex, shopping ... I could go on.
So here is what I was reminded of this morning:
One of the most important things that we need to learn to do is to turn our will and our lives over to God and learn to depend on Him. (These are lesson's I have been learning) When we turn them over to Him and allow Him to lead us, then we can become more accepting of where we are in life. Because if God is in control, then we are right where we need to be. True, we make mistakes but just like with Samson - God can still work out His ultimate purpose for our life - even when we make mistakes. I hope that this makes sense. When I thought of it - I thought that I really needed to pass this on to you too. I know it has helped me. Because I think that many times we have high expectations and when our lives don't measure up to those expectations we can become discouraged, but when we realize that God is in Control - then we can let go of our disappointments and those high expectations. And we can look at our situation with acceptance and even learn to be content at where we are.

God has a plan for your life. And although that does not mean that everything will be hunky dory all the time - it does mean that God will work everything out for His glory. That promise is in Romans :
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

So I share all of this because not only will it help my friend but it helped me and I am hoping that it will help you as well. God loves you and has a plan for your life. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision