Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My 30's Quilt Blocks..to..Quilt

While I was going through my post - editing things - I came across this post. I don't know how I missed it but I don't think it ever got posted so - even though I have already shown the finished quilt, I thought it might be fun to post it.

So these are the blocks from Block of the Month that I participate in at a Quilt Shop in my area.
I will be making block number 11 this month. In October - I will start my new year at Block of the Month. Our choices this coming year are - Fall colors and Red, White and Blue(not particularly patriotic) and brights.







Sorry - the coloring in this photo to the left is not good.




























I have not made a quilt using 30's fabrics before so this is all new to me. They were not like my favorites to begin with, but they sure are growing on me though.













For any of you that may be interested in quilting. See if you can find a quilting store in your area. If you have one - check and see if they offer a Block of the Month or maybe some classes. It is really a fun hobby to get into.






I like to sew and used to try to make clothes for myself. But it was so hard to make something that would fit - I am not like a common size and build that they make patterns for. Anyway so quilting is so much easier to me than sewing clothes. And you get a beautiful quilt or wall hanging when you are done.
If you do not have a quilting store in your area that offers classes - there are a lot of really good videos on quilting and that would be a good investment. I will see if I can do a post of supplies that would be great to have - to start quilting. That may be helpful to some of you .










Well I hope you have enjoyed the blocks. It is a lot of fun and enjoyment!









So here is a photo of the finished project.
Have a wonderful day! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)