Thursday, February 24, 2011

Legitimate Needs

We all have needs - need for love, security, acceptance, and many more. Sometimes we learn at a young age that we have to depend on our selves because there is no one else to depend on. And this is where we get into trouble - because we find ways to fill those needs - what ever will work. And because we live in a sinful world we try so many ways like with food, sex, drugs, alcohol, and the list goes on. All of these are illegitimate ways of filling the needs in our lives. But many times it takes us years and years to figure that out. But Oh the Freedom that comes when we turn our dependence from these things and turn it to God. God is the ONLY person/thing that can fill that void in our lives. Yes - I said ONLY thing. Inside of each of us is a void that ONLY God can fill - we were created that way.

This is something that I have struggled with. I have a problem with emotional eating. And lately it has started to creep back up. That is why I am writing this post. I need the reminder and felt that maybe if I needed the reminder maybe someone else would as well.

That spot that only God can fill - can not be filled with other things no matter how hard we try.

We have legitimate needs, let's not try to fulfill them with illegitimate ways. Let's turn to the one who created us - who loves us most to fill those needs. I hope you all have a great day! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Lisa..sometimes so very easy to reach for food when on an emotional roller coaster. Praise God that we can look to Him for strength...God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories