Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My 30's Quilt - A Better View

I think it is funny how sometimes it is hard to take a picture of somethings and actually capture the colors of it. Here are two photos of the quilt top that I am working on. The first photo is the one take with my cell phone:

Now here is a photo of it using my camera. And with my camera - it seems like it made the yellow seem a bit more vivid in some of the photo - but the colors are brighter than this photo above for sure. So I wanted to share them both and that way you would get an idea of what the photo actually looks like. I don't think I have enough of the floral fabric on hand to get the border done this week but I might try and at least see how far I get.

My cats crack me up - they really believe that I make these quilts for them. I put this quilt top on my bed and Dewie was on it within seconds.

Well we have yucky weather here in Texas again today. Ice/Snow and schools closed. I am so glad that I do not have anywhere that I have to go. And I am glad that we had a few really good days in between the last bad weather. I was able to get groceries and chicken feed. And I was even able to get a trip to two of my favorite thrift stores in the area - only found a slip and a brand new long john top for my son - both for 2.00 a piece.
I have a project in the sewing room that I think I will work on today. It is a long over due project and I might just take some photos and share with you all later today. If nothing else - at least a teaser on the project. :o)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision