Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Garden is Coming Along

Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a good week-end. Ours is going pretty good. Last night my sister and I went to 2 Goodwill stores for the Midnight Madness Sale they had going on- it is a 50% off from 8pm - midnight. Lately since we are being more selective of what we buy and going down several sizes - we were in need of some clothes. I was blessed with 1 pair of jeans, 2 capri's, a tee-shirt for my husband, and about 6 tops or so for me. Two of those are for church - I am so thankful since I was getting pretty low. I think I spent about $26.00 or less for all the stuff I got.

Last night my husband went and bought us a rototiller. Today he has been tilling our garden area. I am working at getting our garden boxes cleared out and ready to plant things. We are taking a lunch break right now and will go back out and work after a bit. I am so excited to see the garden take shape. I am praying that God will bless our efforts. With gas prices going up - it is very important for us to be good stewards of our land and this is a way that we can do that. Here is our new toy:
Here is our new garden area. This is after the first tilling!


And I just had to share few photos of my Chickie's enjoying the grass that we would throw to them. I am going though the garden area and trying to pull out a lot of the grass with root systems. As you can tell we are having a bit of an over cast day. The sun peaks out ever so often.



Ok- I better get back to work. :o)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking