Friday, February 11, 2011

Of Lessons Learned..

I learned another lesson today. And maybe I did not learn the lesson I was suppose to learn - I don't know. I learned today that you are not always successful when you step out of your comfort zone. See - I had thought that when I stepped out of my comfort zone with putting in the applications for a job - that God would bless and that I would get the job. I had really felt like God was leading me to this job. I had put the application in and I had prayed and believed that if God wanted me to have this job that I would get the job. And that is where I went off track - I just assumed that because I felt like I was being led - that this was the job for me. I don't know what it was all about but today I got an e-mail letting me know that the job that I had applied for was already filled. AKA - You did not get the job. I was disappointed. God had prepared me for this fact- yesterday I had decided that working at the bakery my 6-10 hours a week - was better than nothing at all. And I had decided to go back - at that point it was till I heard something on a new job. But then today I got the e-mail letting me know that I did not get the job. And our budget needs the help of the money that I was bringing in. I know that the environment is not the best but I am hoping that if it is where God wants me to be -that he will take care of me. I know this all sounds jumbled up but that is because the thoughts are kind of jumbled up in my mind right now. I just don't know for sure what God wanted me to learn - but I have learned that you will not always be successful when you step out of your comfort zone - but that does not mean that you should not follow God's leading when he asks you to step out. Because one way or another I am learning the lessons that God has for me to learn.

I have also learned that with the economy being the way it is - I need to be thankful for the fact that I have a way to make money and contribute to our families budget. I will continue to try to save us money where I can and I will continue to follow God's leading.

I hope you all have a great week end! :O)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, it is hard to understand it all. A few months ago I was having a really hard time on the job. I wanted to leave, my emotions were out of whack and a c-worker was getting on my nerves. Often I find that I am to learn from the situation as much as I may fight it. Do what you need to do. God will take care of you and He may want to continue to shed His light in a dark place. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an amazing thing to learn and grow and to truly let God shut the doors He doesn't want us to enter--and be absolutely ok with His decisions. :)

    Say, I was wondering... Have you ever considered selling your quilts for income? There are tons of ways to do that--Etsy shops online, Ebay, Facebook, your blog, flea markets and at craft fairs--and more! All it takes is getting your foot into the door. It seems like you enjoy making your quilts and I do know that God wants us to enjoy our jobs, and too, many of us don't have the patience or talent to make quilts and we need creative people like you to make them for us! :) Many, many people will pay good prices for good quilts and other crafts.

    Just a thought! Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)