Friday, February 25, 2011

This and That Friday

Last Sunday, my husband and I got gas for $2.93 - I was not very happy about having to pay that since just days before it had been $2.89 - not that much better but lower. Well yesterday I heard that the price for gas in the same town had jumped to $3.21. That is so depressing to me. And then the economist wonder why so many people are having a hard time..? Hello!? We budget for gas and then when the price is double that and continues to rise it is hard to change your budget to match.


Just a week or two ago I heard a segment on the news talking about more people planning on going on vacation this year - well I think that just changed - more staycations will be going on with gas prices as high as they are.

Oh a little funny - well not really but the last time that the gas prices were going towards the $3.00 mark my MIL was getting worried because our old gas pumps did not allow for that - it only went to $2.00 a gallon - well $2.99 of course!

*************

So earlier in the week I shared how we were going to have to burn a pile of branches and such in order to bring in a load of dirt to fill the pool space for a garden. Well yesterday my husband was starting to look into how much it was going to cost us to do it all and ended up finding out that our county is under a burn ban for a few months unless we get a good rain. So there went that plan - we could not wait that long to get moving on our plans - it would be past planting time.
So Plan B - we looked around the back yard and picked another spot. I think it will end up being a good spot and maybe once the burn ban is lifted we can move forward with getting that spot ready and then we could have 2 good sized gardens or just move over to the spot we wanted. We will see.

**************************

Oh and one more thing - this week I found a great addition for my sewing room.


I had wanted more plants in our house. Well our problem is that my cats like to eat plants. I have a couple of plants that they don't eat and those are in the kitchen window. But this plant was another story - as soon as I put it on the table I had a cat up there sniffing around and then a second cat and not too long before I had a 3rd on up there - no I am not the cat lady but I do love cats and have 5 of them!


I have not decided if this is where I want the plant to say. I love it there but then it covers the really pretty hardware on the curtains at the top so I may end up moving it to the living room - or just buy another one for the living room. Plants are great - they help keep a lot of oxygen in your home - which is pretty important!

*********
And I can not end this post without sharing the deal I got this week. While I was out running errands earlier this week - I found this adorable Little Tyke picnic table at Goodwill:
I need to clean it up, but for $6.00 - I could not pass it up. And it even folds down!! I am sure that our grandchildren will get a lot of use out of it!!

I hope you all have a great week-end!!:o)

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of higher oxygen levels in the home...but I can't seem to keep the plants alive!!! My husband is taking care of two...and so far they have survived...

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)