Thursday, March 18, 2021

 "A discouraged little girl named Ellen Harmon once had a dream of seeing the face of Jesus. The Lord was seeking to impress upon her heart the loving character of her Savior, to bring peace and to give her courage.

She later recounted that this dream “gave [her] hope” (CET 28.1). Particularly, it was the smile, the closeness, and the caring touch of Jesus that so comforted her:
He drew near with a smile, and laying His hand upon my head, said, “Fear not.” The sound of His sweet voice thrilled my heart with a happiness it had never before experienced. I was too joyful to utter a word, but, overcome with emotion, sank prostrate at His feet... His smile filled my soul with gladness. His presence awoke in me a holy reverence and an inexpressible love. {CET 27.1}
It was his “presence.” His touch. His non-muffled voice; His clear and lovely words.
“He drew near.”
And perhaps most important of all, repeated twice, it was His smile that so “filled her soul with gladness” and won her heart.
When Jesus walked this earth 2000 years ago it was the same; the children “loved to climb upon His knees and gaze into the pensive face, benignant with love” {SC 11.2}. And it goes without saying that it’s not just children that need smiles and physical touch. We all do.
Christ’s method alone is worthy of our highest devotion.
Only heaven can quantify the extent to which Jesus’ soul-winning effect would have been reduced if He, based on the recommendations of secular medical ‘authorities,’ would have covered his face in public and practiced social distancing in an effort to mitigate the hypothetical danger of His being a possible asymptomatic carrier of and vector for virus transmission."
The above came from a larger article - but this section of it is important enough to share. This is something very important for us to consider. 🙂

It seemed that some of the people in my age group or a little older than I ended up with a bit of a bad attitude about Ellen White. I didn't have a bad attitude, I just didn't know what to think. Well one night about 10 years ago I had a dream. In this dream I felt like I was lost and ended at someone's door. Mrs White answered and with a very kind smile on her face invited me in and to her kitchen where she served me cookies and a drink. I felt a closeness and love as if it were one of my grandmothers. I truly believe that smiles and closeness speaks volumes that words can't always convey.

I am very thankful that I had this dream, because after this I decided to read some of Ellen G. Whites writings for myself to see what I thought and I was totally blessed by them. She is in my top three authors along with Morris Venden and Taylor G. Bunch. I highly recommend them to anyone!!! 🌺


The Mrs. White that I had the dream about is the same Ellen that was spoken of in the first part of this post. :O)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity