Monday, March 8, 2021

Addressing Something Important

 Today I am taking a break from our study on faith and perseverance to address something that I think is very important. 

For those of us that live in the lone star state - Texas - last week our governor announced lifting all the the mandates and restrictions. For anyone who knows me, knows that this made me VERY happy!!! I have felt for a long time that the restrictions were actually making things worse - rather than better. 

Although there are those who, like me are very happy that this will finally be happening- there are those who are not happy at all. It is like they do not realize that they will still be free to wear a mask and social distance and what ever else they feel they need to do to keep themselves safe. 

I have noticed something interesting- it seems to me that those who aren't that into wearing masks and all - are totally ok with those who choose to wear a mask. We feel it is a free country and we all should have the freedom to make our own choices. But many of those who want to continue wearing masks feel the need to force everyone else to wear a mask. So I wanted to take a few minutes just to share a few things and hope that this will help anyone who wants to continue to wear a mask - understand that they are totally free to do so. Make the choice that is best for you. But please give those around you the freedom to make their own choices as well. 

As many of you know - 7 years ago - I had to go through 6 sessions of a combo of 2 chemo drugs. About a week after each of these 5-6 hour sessions my immune system would be at it's lowest. I was told to be careful during these times. And I would. I choose to drink Emergan C packets - 2-3 times a day. I would drink fruit smoothies. I did these things to help my immune system. I did not, however, expect everyone around me to stay away from me - or wear masks- I did NOT wear a mask either. If I went to the store - I would wash may hands or use hand sanitizer when I got to the car. Or wipe off the buggy handles. I did things to protect my health. I did NOT expect others to do this for me. And I think it is sad that our country has been manipulated into thinking it it everyone else responsibility. If you are sick then stay home - this is what I do. I went through a rough time - each chemo session brings your immune system down and toward the end if you are not careful you could be in bad shape. Each time I went in - I had to have blood taken and tested to see if my system was strong enough to do the next session of chemo drugs. And praise be to God for giving me wisdom to know how to take care of me - my numbers stayed within the normal -range - although towards the end it was getting to the low end. At one or more of my visits my Dr said "what every you are doing - keep doing it" and "I wish more of my patients would do what you are doing." 

I read the paperwork and at one place it was saying not to eat fruits and veggies - I guess because if you don't clean them then you can get sick. Well I know that fruits and veggies have very important nutritional benefits and I was NOT going to stop eating the things that God provided for my health. And it was the right choice. I am thankful that I kept getting out into the fresh air and sunshine and would get walks in when I could. These things help keep your immune system strong. 

All of this to say - I understand that the media had manipulated people into being very fearful - but fear and stress lower the immune system so the best thing you can do for yourself is to let go of the fear and work through the stress. And look for all the natural things you can do to boost your immune system. Drink lots of water and get plenty of rest and put your trust in God - along with the other things I have mentioned here. Lots of great information I have shared of things you can do to strengthen your immune system. God blessed us with these wonderful bodies and we need to recognize that and praise Him for it. 

And please allow those that choose not to wear a mask to do so in peace. You still have the freedom to wear one and it is perfectly ok if you choose to wear one. Do what is best for you and give others the same freedom as well. It is what Jesus would do. Just look through the Bible at His interaction with the sick. You might be surprised! :O)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity