Sunday, March 21, 2021

A Twofer Post

 Today is a twofer post - that is a two for one post. I am combining a Best Deal Post - with a What I Learned in the Great Snow Event of 2021! 

As you all know almost a month ago - we went through a week and a half of pretty frigid temps, snow and such. Along with all of this - we also had some power outages. Some of them were planned and done on purpose some were not, like the time the power went off for 3 plus hours one evening. During this time period we learned a few things to have on hand. 

When the power goes out - especially in the evening or at night - you will want light. Flash lights are nice to have but in addition to flash light- these handy candle holders are great to have on hand!! We lit these and enjoyed the lovely light that they put out! 

 

Another great thing to have on hand are oil lamps. This is the newest one that we have - it was only $10.00 at Walmart - felt kind of cheap - especially when compared to the glass counterparts. But surprisingly it did very well!! I was very happy with it!  
So if you are going to keep some oil lamps on hand - be sure and have some "Klean-Heat" this stuff is very nice. It does not put off a stinky smell like some of the other oils do. In fact, my glass oil lamps were set up and we used them a bit several years ago - but the sticky smell that they produced made me think that I might rather be in the dark than have my house stink like that. But thankfully I have learned of this awesome stuff over the last year. And bonus - you can add essential oils to this and have a lovely scent. That is what I have heard - we have not tried it yet. 

So on to my Best Deal part of this post. I found a couple of useful things to have on hand. 

I found this adorable candle with the cute heart cover and a cute candle snuffer, that also has hearts on it, at a local thrift store! The candle was in brand new condition and smells of cinnamon. 

Candle ~ $1.50 

Snuffer~ $1.00 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity