Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Time To Purge?

I have had a take a break from my volunteer job ever since Mother's Day for some personal reasons, but before I left we were getting a huge amount of donations. So many people had SO much free time and you could clearly see that they chose to spend that time going through their things and getting rid of things. We got much more that we even had room for. And I am sure they are continuing to get that volume of donations.

So today I wanted to as the question: 

Is this a good time to purge our closets? 

I don't think there is a definitive answer to this question, but I wanted to spend some time sharing a few thoughts I have had lately. 

Last year I spent a decent amount of time thrift store shopping. Sometimes I even wondered if I might be going way to often. Truth is I didn't always buy stuff. If I did not find things I loved - I would leave empty handed. But like I said I went a lot. Now I am VERY thankful that I did. Especially since I have hardly been able to thrift store shop the last 4 months or so. Although thrift stores are open 99% of them make you wear a mask or have the dressing rooms closed. And I do NOT like buying clothes without trying them on. You can not truly see how they will work for you unless you try them on. So it is SUPER hard to even get clothes right now. And with all the stuff going on in the world - and our issues with China and since many things are made in China - it could very well become increasingly harder to find clothes. 

So I think it is a good idea to go through our clothes and organize them to what fits nicely and all now. And if things are damaged or just positively wrong - as in too short or what ever - my suggestion is that maybe you might want to hold onto your clothes just in case. I think it is going to be harder and harder to replace clothes and it just might be a great time to hold off at least for a bit. This shut down/ regulations mess is lasting way too long and there is no telling when it will be over..... if it ever is. So what I have chosen to do is to just hang loose for a bit and take good care of the clothes I have. Help them to last for a good long time. 

If things clear up - we will all have plenty of time and energy to go through and get rid of stuff if need be - especially if we are able to find some great replacement piece. But for the time being it might be a good idea to hold onto things you may want to wear in the future. :O) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)