Tuesday, July 14, 2020

How I am Staying Sane

Hello! I hope you all are doing well and staying healthy. Our world these days is crazy. If you had have told me 6 months ago that all of this would happen - I would not have believed  you. At each stage I have felt like it couldn't get worse than this and then something else happens. Here in Texas there is a mask mandate for any county with more than 20 active cases - when you go into stores and are places you can not maintain 6 feet social distancing. It is crazy. And it makes me SO happy that I had worked over the last several months to stock up just a bit. I have bigger plans for what I want to do but the fact that I am avoiding stores as much as possible - not because I am afraid of the virus. Nope. I am sure that my son had it at Christmas time last year and then my husband several weeks later. And I very well could have had a light case of it - because I got sick but was able to get over it without going to the Dr. Praise the Lord! I am very uncomfortable wearing a mask for several reasons. First of all it is because I think that fresh air is VERY important for our health. And second - when I where the mask - I feel as bad if not worse than I felt when I had to wear a hat because I was bald. It is physiologically damaging to me. I used to be able to go to Aldi's and then I would go to Walmart and get what ever I could not get at Aldi's. Now I am good to be able to get through Aldi's. Thankfully my husband had picked up the slack and has gone to Walmart the last couple of time. I have not been there in a month now.

I have shared before how fun activities that I really enjoyed like thrift store shopping and going to Antique mall- have also been taken away - I could go to them but would have to wear a mask - no thank you..... and dressing rooms have been closed for at least 3 1/2 months now... And I used to love to go grocery shopping but that too has become a challenge - a walking on egg shells experience....

What I have been thankful for is things to do at my house. Working in the yard and garden has taken a good deal of my time - for several houses many morning. I am SO blessed that my son is working from home and so I do NOT have to be at his house at 6:45am like I did last year. And because I don't have to I am able to work in the garden and the yard! That has been SO therapeutic! 

I am also getting into things like drying herbs and learning new skills to help improve my life here at home.

My quilting machine gave me problems and last week I was very frustrated with it - hadn't actually quilted in a year or so now but was thinking about it all and the space it takes up. Anyway I had a plan to sell it and as I was doing some research on it to see how much I could ask for it I found a youtube that I think will help fix the problem I had with it. I can not wait to try it out. So if I get it working correctly, I have a good number of projects in my sewing room to keep me busy.

We have moved things around, gotten rid of things, and added some cabinets to our kitchen. All of these things is adding to the quality of our lives. I have a list of things I would still like to do but at least we are headed in the right directions.

Anther major things I have done is to study my Bible more. My new church just started studying Revelations in prayer meeting and I only missed Revelations 1. So I am going to go through that study with them. Revelations can be a scary book to study- but it does have a blessing for those who read Revelations (Revelations 1:3). So it is well worth it to study.

Praising God is another great thing that I have been trying to do more. When the stress of life starts bogging me down - I will pull up some praise songs and sing along. It's always a good time to praise the Lord. Keep our eyes on Him through the storm is the only way we can safely pass through it.

Anyway I hope you all are finding things to help keep you sane during these crazy times. If you have some great ideas - I would love to hear about them in comments. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)