Monday, July 6, 2020

Learning Time

My routine used to involve me watching an episode of House Hunters or House Hunters International while I had my meals. I enjoyed them and will probably from time to time watch episodes from these shows for some down time but recently I have found a better use of my meal times.

Lately I have been blessed to find some great youtube channels. I have only touched the iceberg and I look forward to more great youtubers! Anyway so during my meal times I have started watching some great youtube videos. I have learned so much already and am excited to learn more! It was while watching a Homestead Tessie video and seeing one of her pantries that I decided that I needed to be a bit more prepared. The times we are living in made it perfectly clear of the importance of having a bit of an extra supply of basic essentials. I am not a crazy hoarder or anything but I have decided to have a bit of extras of the basic things on hand. Last week I shared how I put a shelving unit in the corner of my sun room. I have extra canned goods and such on this shelving unit. My plan is to "shop" from it when my pantry gets low. And then I will put things on my grocery list as I take things off my shelf.

There is so much to learn and although I enjoyed the House Hunter shows - I am so happy to find a better way to spend my time. Now I am learning all sorts of great stuff that I hope will help me be more efficient and run a better homestead myself. If you have some favorite homestead youtubers or blogs - please share in the comments. I was lucky last week and found a blog that had a long list of some blogs that I want to check out. So I have them saved to my computer and will go through them one by one keeping those which are useful. I look forward to that time as well.

Do you have some time carved into your day for learning new things? It's very important. It helps keep our brains strong and healthy; and that is important!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)