Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Thankful and Grateful

For the past year, I remember many times feeling so thankful and grateful as I walked around the grocery store or as I drove home from store. I thought about how back in "Little House on the Prairie" time they didn't have things as easily accessible as we do. I hadn't realized at the time that God wanted me to be grateful for something that many take for granted. I was thankful and found myself many times telling Him "Thank you for the blessings of being able to go and get what we need.

I had never experienced a time where I went to the store and found so many empty shelves. But once the lockdown began toilet paper was one of the first things to disappear off the shelves. Thankfully I have been able to keep us stocked with a decent amount of toilet paper. As time passed more and more shelves became empty. And even in the last month it has shocked me how there are still things that are not at the stores.

I think we need to pay attention to what God brings to our minds. He could be warning us of up coming event. Trust me ~ I have been wondering what could be next. So much has happened over the last several months that I never anticipated and I just hope it gets better and not worse.

Many seem shocked that the number of cases seem to be going up - but we all need to realize that one of the main reasons that the numbers are going up is because there is a WHOLE lot more testing going on. And then there is one more thing to consider. So I know someone who they think may have Corona Virus -she was tested at an urgent care clinic. But here employer wants answers quicker - so she also had a rapid results test done. There is a VERY good chance that if she is tested positive that it will count for 2 cases. Oh and then I also know that they ask the person how many people are in your household- this number then is added to the possible cases if she is positive. So she could be counted at least 2 times and if she is positive she would have to have 2 tests that were negative in order to go back to work - so any more of those tests that come back positive could also be added to the count. Anyway I wanted to share this to help with peoples fears. All we hear on the news is how many people are testing positive and it can cause hear - especially if we don't understand the reasons why we are hearing of so many cases. I wish they would actually tell us how many people are hospitalized of the confirmed cases - because many of them are being sent home to self Argentine.

Sorry for jumping off on that - but like I said I think that many people are very scared because they don't understand a lot about that stuff.

Anyway my main point of this post is to say that I realize now that God was gently warning me as to what was coming and I am glad that I at least appreciated the freedom I had to grocery shop and get the things I needed. And that the shelves were usually stocked. I am going to try to be better at paying attention to what God tells me so I can be ready for what ever else comes my way. .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)