Tuesday, July 21, 2020

I will never take it for granted again

There are so many things that  I thank as American people - and maybe other people around the world take for granted. And it takes something happening where you realize how very lucky you were to have what ever it was. And then I think after you finally come to a realization of how lucky you were to have it - I think you live the rest of your life appreciating it in a new way.

I think the biggest thing that happened to me that caused me to realize I was taking something for granted was when I lost my hair during chemo - 6 years ago. Ever since then I have been grateful for my hair - no matter if I get a good hair cut or not- I am still thankful to have it!

Recently I shared how grocery shopping was something that I used to take for granted but about a year or more ago - God just begun working on me and helped me come to appreciate it without losing it - which was very good because of the recent things that have been happening since March. It isn't as easy to go to the store and get what you need or want. I am glad I learned to be thankful of the blessings of being able to go to the store and get what I wanted or needed - before it became a problem.

This week end opened my eyes to something else that I will not take for granted any more. When we were driving home from our camping trip- it was Sunday morning. As we drove by a church - I was happy to see a parking lot full of cars!! People were gathered together to worship the LORD! As you all know that I have been blessed the last 2 months to be able to go to church- it has blessed me beyond measure! And as I drove by this and several other churches it did my heart so much good just seeing people gathered together to praise the Lord! Every time we drove by a church and lots of cars were there I was say "People are praising the Lord!" or "People are worshiping the Lord!!" I don't think I will ever take that for granted again. I think it will always be a blessing to me. I wish I remembered the churches name - I might look it up on a map and see about contacting them and telling them how blessed I was to see the cars there. God wants us to gather together to worship Him and He wants up to be a beacon of light to the world around us. I think it would be a blessing to that church to let them know that it blessed me just to see them meeting. I wonder if more people in their community will join their church based on the fact that they are there and opened and welcoming people in. People need the church now more than ever before!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)