Friday, July 31, 2020

Most notable, and influential definitions of health

These are some quotes I found in a book I have been reading bits here and there this week:

"The most notable, and undoubtedly still the most influential, definition of health is that of the World Health Organization. The definition appeared in the preamble of its constitution during the late 1940s; "Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity."

This definition stemmed from a conviction of WHO organizers that the security of future world peace would lie in the improvement of physical, mental, and social health. The definition suggests that health goes beyond the mere avoidance of disease and extends to how one feels and function physically mentally and socially."

These are some quotes I found in a book I have been reading bits here and there this week. I think that the one of the most important factors was left out of this definition and that it our spiritual health. It is the one aspect that will determine our longevity. You know - with Heaven in mind. It doesn't matter how long we live on this earth - if this is all we get then there isn't really much to live for, especially these days. But when we come to realize that this life is not the end we can have hope in a bright future and that bright future is possible if we have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This is one of the most important things. Health is important. And in order to have good health we need to not only look at physical health, but we need to keep in mind that mental health, social well-being and spiritual health are important, But our spiritual health is of vital importance!! :O)

"In Proverbs, Solomon repeatedly delineates the health advantages that come through knowing and loving God."

"My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity." "Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones" (Proverbs 3:1,2,7,8 NIV)

"My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find me health to a man's whole body." (Proverbs 4:20-22)."

*********************************
Be sure to come back tomorrow! I actually feel like I am getting back into the blogging mood again. I have already typed up several posts and have several more ideas.
See you tomorrow!
May God bless you and keep you safe in His loving arms!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)