Monday, August 19, 2019

Try and Try Again

Have you tried a fruit or vegetable and just didn't like it? Well I have too. But as I have been studying nutrition, I have realized how valuable those fruits and veggies are for us and so I have made myself try things more than once. You don't know if maybe you got a bad one and that is why you didn't like it.

When I was a young teenager - I remember picking blueberries when visiting my dad one time. I loved the blue berries. Well as and adult I just didn't eat many of them. Just as I was having to have chemo a friend gave me a couple of big bags of frozen blue berries and I remember making blueberry smoothies throughout chemo - and I honestly feel that the blueberries is one of the main reasons that my blood levels did not go way down -like they do for a lot of people. Each chemo brought the numbers down a bit but I never got into the dangerous levels that cause chemo to have to be postponed. I tried some fresh ones but just didn't like them that much. But realized how very good they are for you. Dr. J. Furhman suggests eating berries every day for good health! So I tried them again until I began to like them and then love them. Yes- sometimes the blueberries won't be as good but they are still good for you so I eat them anyway.

Brussel Sprouts were another thing that I have wanted to like. They are a cruciferous vegetable along with cabbage and broccili - another group of foods that is suggested to eat every day. These foods help protect against cancer. I have tried brussel sprouts several times - I have tried them fixed with a sauce and all but just didn't seem to like them. Well I picked up a package of baby brussel sprouts from Aldi's and I cooked them up for my lunch and lo and behold - I like them! I didn't have to do hardly anything to them. A little sprinkle of salt and they were good! I am so excited to like another healthy food.

As we eat healthy foods we gain a taste for healthier foods and enjoy them more and more. I am so happy that I kept trying. Are there foods you don't like? Well try them again and then again. You too, might find you like it after all! And what a benefit it is to you when they are healthy foods that give your body what it needs to be healthy! :O)

I would love to hear what healthy foods you used to not like but now you do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar