Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Soon to Begin Reading This

This week we are reading the last chapter in our Max Lucado book - "Traveling Light" It has been a pretty good book. A funny thing - way back about 28 years when I read my first Max Lucado book - I loved it and I thought it was very good. Don't get me wrong - I don't - don't like Max Lucado books - it's just after ready Morris Venden and E.G. White books that are so much deeper - the Lucado books don't seem as deep. But of course it could just be this Traveling Light book - and that he kept it light since the name of it says Traveling Light. Anyway good book - just not a favorite I would consider reading again - like the books from the other authors mentioned. 

So we had a vote and this is the next book we will read. It is only 6 chapters long- and there is a video that we will watch at the beginning of the class. I think it sounds like a very interesting book. But a interesting thing- when this book was introduced for our voting - there were a couple of people that said they really did not like Paul. And it has to do with some of the things he said. Well I might be very naive but I have always believed that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and so I have had nothing but respect for all those who contributed to it. Now I do have to admit that sometimes I have a hard time understanding what is in the books of the Bible that he wrote but that is not anything against him - it is me. I think that the Bible is an amazing book that will keep us all on the edge of our seats - as we learn new things all throughout our lives- because the Bible is SO deep that it would take several lifetimes to really get it all. One day - in Heaven it will be amazing because our brain's capacity will be SO much larger than what it is now and we will finally grasp things that have long been elusive. 

I will probably do an update and let you know what I thought about the book once we have read it. Just because that's what I like to do. Now if you don't hear anything at all about it - you can assume that I wasn't that impressed with it. I do feel that it will be quite interesting and that new insight will be gained by reading it. It's not the normal kind of book that I read but I think it will be a growth experience for me and our class. 

I borrowed this photo  from Christian Book dot com and if you would like to check out the book for yourself ~ Click HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity