Thursday, August 1, 2019

Keep At It

During July when I was taking care of my granddaughter and needed to be at my sons house by 6:45am - I would turn on the tv and listen to what I could find to listen to that was interesting while I was getting ready. Many times I chose to listen to "Body and Spirit" and exercise program that Dick Nunez does. During the program not only does he share a workout that helps with different issues - he also gives some very interesting and helpful information.

On one of the shows about strength training he shared that as we age - we lose muscle mass. And so as we go through life - if we want to keep the muscle strength we have we really ought to work to increase our abilities - by working with weights and increasing the weight as we get used to the weight we are using. I have done this - working out with Jennifer Brinley from Rise Up Ministries - I have gone from using 3 pound hand weights to using 5 pound weights. It was a bit more of a challenge for me to do my weight workouts during July - with having my granddaughter and having to be out of my house so early. But I took my Ipad and worked out when ever I was able to. Shooting for at least 2 workouts with weights per week. I didn't want to lose the advancements I had made. When we work towards fitness - we soon realize we can not just work to get there- we have to work to stay there. Anyway so Dick Nunez says in order to keep your strength - you really ought to work yourself up further than where you are so that when you lose the muscle mass you will still have the strength needed to do the basics that you want to. It is an on going thing throughout life. The sad thing is that with all the news and tv programs - not very many of them share this important information. The information that is truly needed. We need to make the choices necessary for our health. Our health in the present and also our future health.

I will be sharing some of the "Body and Spirit" videos for you - so you too can check them out. The internet has so many great resources. I am SO thankful for this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity