Thursday, August 8, 2019

He IS More Than Capable

Yesterday I spoke a little about words unspoken, but I didn't give one aspect enough attention. So we will visit that today.

Sometimes works unspoken can become heavy. When we continue to carry around thoughts and feelings that hurt, they can turn into resentment and bitterness and that is a heavy burden to carry.

I think one reason why my husbands idea of writing the letter and giving the burden to God by saying:
 "It's yours God~ I'm done with it." 
is so helpful is because we are no longer having to carry it. Whether we write it down or tell it to a trusted friend we will notice that the weight isn't quite as heavy. And as I learned sharing with my friend - it can also help you deal with the situation in a better way. But even sharing with a friend will not totally take away the burden- it'll lighten the load but not take it away completely. That is because our friends and family may be called to help carry our burdens but they aren't called to carry the whole burden.

"Bear one another's burdens, and in this way you'll be doing what Christ Himself would do." 
Galatians 6:2

Sharing the burden with our friends and family may lighten the load but the only way to truly free ourselves from the hurt, resentment, and bitterness that can come while continuing to carry these burdens we were not intended to carry is to give them to God. He is more than capable of carrying the load. 

I just had an AHA moment and I will need to share a little story to explain it. 

My mother in law is now dependent on a walker and earlier this week I took her to a Dr. appointment. It was her first time out and about with her walker. the evening before the appointment she had explained to me how to fold the walker down and made a comment that she may have to help me get the walker into the car. I thought she was joking, but the next day when I got her to the care as she was holding onto the car door, she asked if she needed to come help me get it into the car. She didn't feel like I was capable and it kind of hurt my feelings. And as I wrote that God is capable of carrying our burdens, I realized that every time I am tempted to pick up the pain and disappointment of this broken relationship, I am giving God the idea that I don't feel He is capable of handling this burden. I am so thankful that I followed through with writing this post because it has helped me find the next step of healing. 

  1. Give it to God 
  2. Trust that He is capable of handling the burden 
When we keep our burdens to ourselves they become very heavy burdens to carry.

When we share these burdens with a loved one the load becomes lighter, at least for a while. 

But when we give the burdens to God, He is more than capable of carrying them and dealing with them. And it frees us up to receive healing from Him. Carrying the burden weighs us down and distracts us. It keeps our minds on the negative - on the hurt and the pain. But when God has the burden He can come in and wash those things away. He can heal us. Praise be to God!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity