Thursday, August 15, 2019

God Hadn't Forgotten

Way, way back in 1989 my husband and I bought our first house. It was a little blue house with about 800 square feet. We were so happy with our little house. It felt good to own our own home. It had a mimosa tree in the front yard. I loved that tree with its pink little puff ball flowers!


You can click on this link to find out more about the trees if you are interested. I have not used this site I am just linking to site that I borrowed this photo from. Aren't they beautiful?

When we moved into our current home, I hated losing that tree. I had hoped to have another mimosa tree someday. Well that someday is now!!! Totally unexpectedly a friend told me that she has a mimosa tree growing near her apartment but there is no room for it - long term so asked if I wanted it?! Yes!!!! I was so excited. I began thinking where I wanted to plant this little tree- no it won't be as big as this one that I linked to starting off but that is alright. I am so thankful that God gave me the desire of my heart. I had forgotten about the tree and how I wanted a mimosa tree- but God hadn't forgotten.

This morning I dug out the hole where the trunk of my favorite tree had been. We lost this tree during the drought several years ago. And this seems like the perfect place for me little mimosa tree! I can not wait to get it planted and start watching it grow. As soon as I get it planted and can get a photo and share here - I will. Be watching for me baby mimosa tree!! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity